This holiday has been very fruitful! I've had gone for the Beijing GPP, facilitated a Children's Camp, joined Sports Camp, and hopefully, can start Fence trainings proper. My only regret is that I didn't manage to do any community work this time 'cos time's really tight this december - oh wells - next year then.
I'll be going to Mich's Church's Musical on Xmas eve @NUS UCC, who's interested? I can tell Mich :D I can't wait for Vibe this sat too :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Children's Camp was, well, cool. It's a pretty new experience for me 'cos I've never handled kids before in my whole life (except for my cuz's daughter who's about 8 years younger than me, who made me have a phobia of and a strong dislike for kids). Yiling, Nadia, Sharman, Eileen and I were the only RV people facilitating, while the rest were from SP. Anyhoo, my group was Group A (or you can call us Apple/Alligator)!!! The kids that Nad, Zihao (from SP) and I were in charge of were clarence(rather cute boy), gayathri (!!!!!! the most demanding kid on earth!!!!!), kelvin (the super hyper-active), nurul (budding artist), huixin (future doctor - like me heh!) and calvin (mr. sandwich). Good thing they were not "sticky" as in they won't ask me to carry them or sit on my laps b'cos the floor was dirty etc. (poor eileen!)
The camp lasted for two days and as facilitators, we had to take charge of them, bring them to the loo, play/chat with them blahblah. All of the kids were cute and fun except *ahem ahem* (read Nad's blog) who treated us like her slaves(actually, just Nadia :P) Apart from that, I don't mind facilitating another Children's Camp!!! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sportlight (the sports camp hosted by GLCC, Mich's church, at KuoChuan Sec Schl) was even BETTER!!! I swear it's one of the nicest netball carnivals! My team is
Random, the name is, well, really random because all of us come from different schools and we don't know each other at all in the beginning! Michelle, Vicky and I are the only ones from RV. The rest are Qiuying, Della, Wanxin, Sijia, Yuting and Khia Lynn are from Commonwealth, Prissy from BBSS, Samantha and Henrietta from St. Theresa's.
We had to play full netball matches for 3 days, against 4 other teams, namely Ex-Deyi, Ex-Punggol, Zhenghua and Fairfield (which Random is most friendly with!). We won our 1st and 2nd games w ZH and FMSS, but for the 3rd game w Ex-Deyi we lost by one 25-26. Our game with Ex-Punggol, which won all matches including Deyi, was wunderbar bcos we beat them 24-21 after our strong fight! So we got into the finals - still against Ex-punggol and eventually won the
2nd! :D But I didn't go for the prize presentation and the other fun activities on the last day bcos I've gotta rush home to prepare for my parent's anniversary Dinner. Sportlight was really great bcos I've made like loads loads and loads of friends through this camp!
&I got a free deodorant! :D
Random Random Random Whooooooooosh!Bye yaaaaaaaaa'll!