RT Day plus Shop-and-Save
@ Tuesday, January 11, 2011 ; 7:52 PM

Hello Smexies!

Today is my first (out of, sadly, 2 days LOL) day being a relief teacher in RV! Mrs Rachel Ong was absent so I took over her classes - basically just giving the yr1/2 kids worksheets and babysitting them! For the first few classes I didn't bother writing my surname on the whiteboard, and they greeted me with "Ms/Mrs Ong" (the 2nd one is WTS I obviously look YOUNG HAHAHA). Some called me "Cher!" when they wanted to ask questions.

Oh oh! I started off my day by stepping into a mud puddle to catch my bus and got my favourite pair of pumps soiled in mud!!! I was frantically cleaning them on the bus but the inside of the shoes had some sand and mud, which resulted in blisters :(

Back to RT. The Year 1s were pretty much more obedient and enthusiastic - like primary school kids. The Year 2s were not-so-nice to babysit. Apparently when I look at them they shut up. But when I turn away they start talking again (LOL!)

Guess I finally understand the woes and exasperation of teachers. Seriously, I learn to appreciate teachers 1000000x more after my experience as a Relief Teacher.

Reasons(HAHA):
1) Many students wanting to speak at the same time

2) MANY students asking questions at the same time

3) Students (LITTLE BOYS OMG) walking around the classroom or even up to the whiteboard area while I was still in their class (Mr Ng says that I probably smiled when I entered their classrooms Hahaha)

4) Little boys trying to compare their heights with you (attempted to compare less explicitly but they are sadly not skillful enough HAHAHA) - probably only in my case LOL!

5) Students bugging you for early dismissal, often comes with continuous whining

6) Students asking you to solve their class disputes. Apparently, in a sec 1 class, a girl asked me if I could help her make an announcement to ask the class if they want to change their seats. I was like !?@#!#!?!#?!?! *speechless* because it occured to me as a very minor thing, hahaha and I told her to ask her form teacher, or just settle among her classmates :P

7) A very minor reason, it's so difficult to manage the time to walk from one classroom to another! Maybe for me, cuz I can walk many rounds to find a specific yr1/2 classroom LOL!

I must however say that the students are still cute overall. Teehee! Like they cheered when I told them Mrs Ong was not around, and boo-ed when I said there was work for them to do. So cute! Hahaha &They really like RV (and its IP) LOL

The teachers and non-teaching staff were really helpful, amiable and kind! Lijie couldnt recognise me! :(

I really love our school's geography department, with really really really nice teachers :) Mr Eric Ng, Ms Serene Tan and our long-mia Ms Ivy Or :D They talked to me because I was bored and had nothing to do at the staffroom ! I'm so thankful to have TAN YAN TONG with me as relief teachers :D

Kaylene Lee! Mr Ng ask you to come back and teach Yr 5/6 Geography when I told him you miss his videos and geog lessons HAHAHAHA Mr Ng also asked abt Xueqiang !

A slightly random thing is that there are vendors who sell abalone and bird's nest and sea cucumbers and wolfberries in the staffroom pantry. which is like !?@#@$@#$!?!??!!?!

I'm looking forward to an exciting day tomorrow (and hopefully I'll get more assignments soon! :D)

---------------------------------------------------------------
My bro and mom came to pick me up in school after WORK cuz my bro wanted to eat Kuishin-bo buffet! But when we got there, the restaurant was closed cuz it needed to prepare food :( Still, we satisfied our sashimi craving at Ichibanboshi which wasn't as fantastic.

Today is also a shop-and-save day because we got free vouchers ($18+$18) along with 50%+20% off discounts at John Little, got free canned abalone and shark's fin (yucks! I told my bro to sell on ebay HAHA) and free $100 leehwajewelry voucher from a scratchcard at the info counter! :D How lucky is that!

Alright, I need to wash my soiled shoes now *sniffs* Seeyou smexies! Hope we have some gathering soon! NEED TO DISCUSS TAIWAN TRIP OHMYGAWD!


Layout by ToxicKisses.♥
Inspirations from Hearts;bleach, hasta_mañana & elysaysgoodbye.
Resources from WeHeartIt & Photobucket.
Profile

Lahlah
'Cause we'll be falling in love all night long.




Affiliates

Kaylene is Smellee
Smellyujun
Chu are Smelly
Smelly Tofu


Tagboard