A Change of Mind
@ Saturday, May 28, 2011 ; 3:26 PM

With a little more than 2 months to the cornfield place of Illinois, thankfully left unscathed by the tornadoes that travelled by and then ceased a few days ago, I have yet to feel a sense of sadness from leaving my comfortable home 18 flight hours away.

Read through the recent e-mails sent by the school confirming my residential hall (yes! I got my double Global Crossroads living-learning community at Saunders Hall) and with regards to summer registration of classes which I would take on the first semester as well as Mathematics and Chemistry placement tests which I have to complete before going there. Sigh.

I have just e-mailed the Food Science department advisor on changing my major to Food Industry and Business so that I would not have to take Food Science and Business minors which might be a little complicated to apply for; but she's out of office till Monday. Of course, I would like to pursue Animal Science as a minor, for personal interest and possibly future applications which might not be in the near future (my dad has a new interest in the processing of sauces).

Not selecting the "pre-veterinary" option for the section on "professional career goal" did make me feel a tinge of sadness. After all, I have set "veterinary medicine" as my ultimate education goal for about 3 years - until I figured that it does not really suit my nature and character. The monotony of a clinic life, grappling with maintenance costs and possibly future competition (since there are approximately 50 vet med students returning to singapore each year), and the worse of all, putting animals to sleep, which is of course, a tough decision for the veterinarian, and a harder choice for the owners.

As much as I have set my heart on helping my dad in his business, which really delighted him, often I would feel *undescribable*, and the reason for feeling this way is inexplanable.

I wonder when will I straighten things out. & accept the fact that I am meant to be someone else, doing something else. Something far better (at least I hope so).

How depressing.


Layout by ToxicKisses.♥
Inspirations from Hearts;bleach, hasta_mañana & elysaysgoodbye.
Resources from WeHeartIt & Photobucket.
Profile

Lahlah
'Cause we'll be falling in love all night long.




Affiliates

Kaylene is Smellee
Smellyujun
Chu are Smelly
Smelly Tofu


Tagboard